UK Visitor Visa
Our immigration Solicitors at Connaught Law have wealth of experience for UK visitor visa applications. Call us on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online for a successful application.
The UK visitor visa allows people to enter the UK for several reasons. This includes travel, tourism, and leisure purposes; as well as short-term business appointments, academic conferences, participating in sporting events or creative/artistic work, and receiving private medical treatment in the UK.
For visitor visas, not all nationalities are required to apply for a visa in advance of travelling to the UK. Types of UK visitor visa include;
- Standard Visitor visa (Also used for subcategories including, General visitor, Family visitor, Business Visitor, Prospective Entrepreneur visa Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa)
- Short-term study visa
- Parent of a Tier 4 child visa
- Permitted Paid Engagement visa
- Marriage Visitor visa
Visitor visa requirements
Applicants for the UK visitor visa must meet several eligibility requirements for their visa to be granted. All applicants must:
- Prove that they intend to leave the UK when their visit is over
- Prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and any family members included in the application while in the UK
- Prove that they have sufficient funds to pay for a return/onward travel ticket when their visit is over, and any other travel costs
An Invitation Letter for UK Visa is usually used as one of the documents that an intending visitor to the UK will use to show the reason for their visit. Although an invitation letter can be very useful, it is not required for obtaining a visitor visa to the UK. It is, however, a good idea to send one to your guest to make their application as robust as possible.
How much does a UK Visitor Visa cost?
For up-to-date prices please follow this link to the Home Office visa fee tool. You will need to follow the steps to find out the visa application fee. You will need to select the country you are making an application form; select the visa category as ‘visit’; select the visa type as ‘general visitors’ and then select the visa sub-type as ‘short-term visitors’ (if you are coming to the UK for less than 6 months). The Home Office should then provide the fee in the currency of the country where you plan to make your application.
For further help or information Get In Touch