Scale Up Sponsor Licence
Book a free consultation to know more about Scale Up Sponsor Licence application with our immigration Solicitors at Connaught Law on phone at 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.
The Scale-up route is for talented individuals recruited by a UK business that meets the definition of a qualifying Scale-up sponsor.
If you wish to sponsor a Scale-up Worker, you must hold a valid sponsor licence for the Scale-up route. If you do not already hold such a licence, you must apply for one by completing the online application form, paying the relevant application fee, and submitting any required supporting evidence or information.
If you already hold a valid licence to sponsor workers, you can apply to add the Scale-up route to that licence. The Scale-up route is classified as a ‘Temporary Worker’ route for sponsor licensing purposes. This means you will pay the standard Temporary Worker fee for a sponsor licence or to assign a Certificate of Sponsorship on this route.
Specific requirements for a Scale-up licence
In addition to the general requirements for a sponsor licence, a Scale up business must:
- be able and intend to offer employment that:
- meets the skill level and salary requirements for this route
- is genuine
- where relevant, meets the rules on third-party working
- meet the definition of a qualifying Scale-up sponsor
Qualifying Scale-up sponsor
You must meet both of the following criteria:
- you must have an annualised growth of at least 20% for the previous 3-year period based on either employment (your staff count) or your turnover
- you must have had a minimum of 10 employees at the start of the relevant 3-year period
Evidence or information for Scale-Up Sponsor
You will not normally need to send any documents with your application unless you are either:
- applying at the same time to be licensed on another route, or other routes, in which case you must submit any documents or information relevant to that route, or those routes
- required to be registered with, or inspected or monitored by, a regulatory body to operate lawfully in the UK
You must give us the following information when you complete your online sponsor licence application form:
- your Companies House reference number, if you are required to be registered with Companies House, or your Unique Taxpayer reference number, or numbers
- your VAT registration number
- all relevant PAYE reference numbers
You must provide all PAYE reference numbers through which you pay your employees (including any settled or unsponsored workers) so automated checks can confirm:
- you had at least 10 employees at the start of the 3-year assessment period (this is required for both employment growth and turnover growth assessments)
- whether your employment count has increased by at least 20% for the 3-year period (this is required to pass the employment growth assessment)
If you fail to provide all relevant PAYE reference numbers, your application is likely to be delayed or refused.
How long your licence is valid for
A sponsor licence is valid for 4 years unless you surrender it or it is revoked before then. Unlike most other sponsored work routes, you cannot renew your Scale-up licence beyond 4 years. If you wish to continue to have the option of sponsoring overseas workers after this period, you must apply to be licensed on another route (for example, Skilled Worker), if you have not already done so.
We have experienced business immigration solicitors, who provide prompt and cost-effective advice to any individual applying for a Scale Up sponsor licence. By making an appointment with one of our business immigration solicitors, you can be assured of receiving some of the best legal advice available in the UK today. We will assist you with all aspects of business immigration law, including applying for an initial application to extension or settlement. If you wish to discuss this, please phone our London office on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.
For further help or information Get In Touch