Innovator Visa Extension
The initial Innovator visa will be valid for 3 years. If an innovator visa holder does not qualify the criteria for ILR (indefinite leave to remain) it is possible to extend an Innovator visa for periods of 3 years at a time, subjecting to being re-endorsed each time. There is no maximum time limit in the Innovator category.
An endorsement letter is required at both extension and settlement stages. The following requirements must be met in order to apply for an extension of stay:
- Applicants must remain running a UK business or intend to incorporate a new business
- Applicants must have an existing established business accompanied by a relevant endorsement for the earlier visa
- Applicants must have at least £50,000 in investment funds in order to start a new business venture, and the new business model must be assessed by an Approved Endorsing Body
- Applicants must have sufficient funds to support themselves without reliance on public funding
- Applicants may include any dependents included within their current visa on the application to extend, including children who have reached 18 years of age during their stay in the UK
Applying for innovator Visa Extension
Our team of immigration solicitors has experience in assisting all types of innovative entrepreneurs and their businesses. Our immigration advisers are experts in the options for innovators and will guide you through the complex Home Office rules and policies.
For further help or information Get In Touch