Temporary Worker Licence

For an initial consultation of a Temporary Sponsor Licence Application call our Business immigration Solicitors at Connaught Law on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.

A Temporary Worker sponsor licence is the permission granted by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to enable the approved licence-holder to assign Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) to overseas nationals under one of a number of temporary routes. The Temporary Worker routes are to recruit workers on a short-term basis in a variety of different roles through various sectors, including the charitable, cultural and religious sectors.

Who can be sponsored under a Temporary Worker Sponsor Licence?

A ‘Temporary Worker’ licence will let you sponsor people on a temporary basis, including for volunteering and job shadowing. You can only get a Temporary Worker licence for specific types of employment and visas.

The licence is split into:

    • Scale-up Worker – for people coming to work for a fast-growing UK business
    • Creative Worker – to work in the creative industry, for example as an entertainer or artist (up to 2 years)
    • Charity Worker – for unpaid workers at a charity (up to 1 year)
    • Religious Worker – for those working in a religious order or organisation (2 years)
    • Government Authorised Exchange – work experience (1 year), research projects or training, for example, practical medical or scientific training (2 years) to enable a short-term exchange of knowledge
    • UK Expansion Worker Visa -(Global Business Mobility) for workers sent to the UK to set up a new branch or subsidiary or an overseas business.
    • Graduate Trainee (Global Business Mobility) for workers transferring to their employer,s UK branch as part of a graduate training programme.
    • Service Supplier (Global Business Mobility) for workers with a contract to provide services for a UK company (6 or 12 months)
    • Secondment Worker (Global Business Mobility) for workers transferring from overseas to work for a different UK business as part of a high-value contract.
    • International Agreement Worker visa – for overseas nationals doing work in the UK covered by international law
    • Seasonal Worker visa – for overseas nationals undertaking farm work in the UK

How can we help

The Home Office will carefully scrutinise an application for a sponsor licence application. We are experienced in preparing sponsor licence applications to ensure a successful outcome and will provide expert guidance and assistance to organisations throughout the process with No licence no fee promise.

If your organisation requires legal assistance or you would just like to discuss your situation with one of our experts on a no-obligation basis, please give our team a call or make an online enquiry below.

For further help or information Get In Touch

Related Expertise


Would you like to hear more from us?

Visit our subscriptions page to tell us a bit more about what you’re interested in so we can send you relevant news.