Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension Application
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur extension is quite complex when it comes to the points table to score 75 points for investment, business activity, and job creation. In addition, a genuine entrepreneur test is to satisfy the Home Office for;
- viability and credibility of the source of the money
- the credibility of the financial accounts of the business or businesses;
- the credibility of your business activity in the UK
- the credibility of the job creation which you are claiming points;
- if the nature of the business requires mandatory accreditation, registration and/or insurance, whether that accreditation, registration and/or insurance has been obtained
Requirements For Tier 1 Entrepreneur Extension
Within 3 months
- You must have complied with the requirement to
- Either: become a Director of a UK business (either new or existing)or
- Registered as Self Employed with HMRC
Within 2 years
Within a maximum of 2 years, you must have created two new full time (>30 hrs pw) not self-employed jobs for UK ‘settled workers’ (or a net increase of 2 if taking over a pre-existing business) ; these jobs must be shown to have existed for at least 12 months before you apply to extend the visa. This must be proved by:
- Proof the employees are settled workers (passport pages)
- copy of form P11 (or, if the P11 does not mention the start date, the original P45 or P46); the hourly rate to the employee must be mentioned to allow the hrs worked to be determined from the total pay.
- Duplicate wage documents issued to the worker covering the whole period of employment of the worker.
- Accountants letter confirming the new posts have been created
English Language Requirement (10 points)
You will automatically meet this requirement if you are applying for a visa extension as you will have had to prove it when getting the initial visa.
Maintenance Requirement (10 Points)
You must be able to support yourself and your dependents without requiring access to public funds. The maintenance requirement for entrepreneur extension is:
- £2,800 in personal savings if you are applying from outside the UK, OR
- £800 in personal savings if you are applying from Inside the UK
Also, for each dependant
- £1,600 in personal savings if you are applying from outside the UK, OR
- £533 in personal savings if you are applying from Inside the UK
Further information, help, and advice
As one of the leading immigration lawyers in Holborn London, we also work on a broad range of other immigration application with an experienced in-house team of solicitors to represent applicants who have grounds to apply visas that involve marriage, civil partnership, asylum, human rights and the European Union free movement.
For further help or information Get In Touch