Spouse Visa Extension

If you are currently living in the UK on a Spouse or Civil Partner Visa, after 30 months, you can apply for a UK spouse visa extension.

You can do this by submitting an FLR (M) form application to the Home Office. In order to be eligible for a Spouse Visa Extension, you will need to ensure that you still meet the same requirements that you met when you were granted your original Spouse Visa.

Under the 5-year route, the requirements to be met by an applicant for leave to remain as a partner of a British Citizen, a person present and settled in the UK, or a person in the UK with refugee leave or humanitarian protection under Appendix FM are that:

  • the applicant and their partner must be in the UK;
  • the applicant must have made a valid application for limited or indefinite leave to remain as a partner; and

the applicant must not fall for refusal under suitability leave to remain; and the applicant meets all of the requirements of eligibility for leave to remain as a partner. These are:

  • Relationship requirements
  • Immigration status requirements
  • Financial requirements; and
  • English language requirement.

We will ensure all your documents are up to date and that they can continue to prove your relationship to your Spouse or Partner is genuine.

For further help or information Get In Touch

Related Expertise


Would you like to hear more from us?

Visit our subscriptions page to tell us a bit more about what you’re interested in so we can send you relevant news.