Youth Mobility Scheme

The youth mobility scheme is for young people (18 -30) from a limited number of countries and territories who want to come and experience life in the UK. Every year, the UK government allocates a specific number of places for each country and territory.

This is a good visa for young people eager to experience living and working in the UK. The Tier 5 visa allows young people from a limited number of countries entry to living and work in the UK for up to two years. However, there are only a relatively small number of countries whose nationals are eligible to apply for the Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa category; These are detailed below. Your national government will be considered your sponsor during your stay.


You can apply for a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if you’re aged 18 to 30 and you’re from:

  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Hong Kong
  • Republic of Korea
  • Taiwan


You must have £1,890 in savings.


The Youth Mobility Scheme is closed to people who;

  • Have children who they are financially responsible for, or who live with them
  • Have previous travelled to the UK through the scheme, or the old working holiday visa (now closed)

Further information, help, and advice

As one of the leading immigration lawyers in Holborn London, we also work on a broad range of other immigration application with an experienced in-house team of lawyers to represent applicants who have grounds to apply visas that involve marriage, civil partnership, asylum, human rights and the European Union free movement.

For further help or information Get In Touch

Related Expertise


Would you like to hear more from us?

Visit our subscriptions page to tell us a bit more about what you’re interested in so we can send you relevant news.