Tier 5 Temporary Worker
For more information and advice on Tier 5 visa applications contact us on 0203 909 8399 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tier 5 Temporary Worker scheme provides individuals with the opportunity to come to the UK with a job offer for a specific purpose or temporary/short-term employment. The scheme consists of five subcategories to clarify the range of employment for different industries.
All applicants will be required to have both a sponsor and a valid ‘certificate of sponsorship’ before applying for leave to be employed under this scheme. This certificate of sponsorship is designed to act as a declaration that the applicant is able to take on a particular job and has the full intention to do this.
Tier 5 Temporary Worker has five sub-categories:
- Creative and sporting – for people coming to the United Kingdom to work or perform as sports people, entertainers or creative artists for up to 12 months.
- Charity workers – for people coming to the United Kingdom to do voluntary work and not paid work for a charity.
- Religious workers – for people coming to the United Kingdom to work as religious workers. Duties may include preaching, pastoral and non-pastoral work.
- Government authorised exchange – for people coming to the United Kingdom through approved schemes that aim to share knowledge, experience and best practice.
- International agreement – for people coming to the United Kingdom under contract to provide a service that is covered under the international law.
- Youth mobility scheme – The youth mobility scheme is for young people (18 -30) from a limited number of countries and territories who want to come and experience life in the UK.
Applicants cannot switch between the different sub-categories of Tier 5 Temporary Worker. They can apply for extensions in the same Tier 5 sub-category, however, if they have not exceeded the maximum grant of leave allowed in that category.
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) point scoring requirements
Under Tier 5 (Temporary Worker), you must score 30 points for possessing a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (Appendix A of the Immigration Rules); and 10 points for Maintenance (Funds) (Appendix C of the Immigration Rules).
The points available are:
- Certificate of Sponsorship 30 points
- Maintenance requirement 10 points
In some cases, you can bring your partner or children with you during your stay, but you must show that you have sufficient funds to provide for them. They will be able to apply under a family visa.
English language requirement
Tier 5 visa applicants may be required to complete an English test if they are not nationals of an English-speaking country or have not completed any academic courses in English.
Further information, help, and advice
As one of the leading immigration solicitors in Holborn London, we also work on a broad range of other immigration application with an experienced in-house team of lawyers to represent applicants who have grounds to apply visas that involve marriage, civil partnership, asylum, human rights and the European Union free movement.
For further help or information Get In Touch