Turkish Worker Visa
As part of the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey (known as the Ankara Agreement), Turkish citizens are able to extend their stay in the UK if they are already legally working there.
A Turkish citizen who is employed legally in the UK may:
- Apply for additional consent to stay after they have been legally working for one year, in order to continue working for the same employer;
- Change employers whilst remaining in the same job role after they have been legally working in the UK for three years; and
- Work for any employer in any role after they have been legally working in the UK for four years.
Who can be considered
Typical applicants are those admitted for a purpose other than employment but with permission to work, and will build up rights under article 6(1) as a result of any employment they undertake. The following people are considered to be workers;
- students working up to 10 hours a week in term time
- part-time workers
- au pairs
- those engaged in employment schemes
Family members of applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are genuine family members to be given consent to join, or remain with, the applicant. Family members are classed as spouses, civil partners, unmarried and same-sex partners, and children.
Turkish worker visa entitlements
Applicants who are granted a Turkish Worker Visa are allowed to live and work in the UK for a term of up to 4 years. There is no processing fee for this visa and applicants must apply from within the UK before their current permission to stay expires.
Successful applicants will be free to undertake any type of employment throughout their stay in the UK. Applicants can include their dependants on this extension if they’re already in the UK, and include their partner and children and applicants can switch into this category from another visa.
For further help or information Get In Touch