For an initial consultation about Cyprus citizenship by investment, call our immigration Solicitors at Connaught Law on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.
Based in the heart of Europe, the island of Cyprus sits ideally placed in the Mediterranean and is a great option for investment citizenship. Its location makes it a perfect base for operations in Asia, Africa and Europe, and with plenty of property investment opportunities to boot, it’s a location well-worth considering. Dual citizenship in Cyprus offers a lifestyle opportunity that is hard to match, with a rich culture and heritage as well as a mild climate that boasts up to 326 days of sun per year. It’s a safe and secure country that is perfect for families as well as being capable of meeting the needs of any business.
Moving to Cyprus for citizenship by investment is a smart choice, as the EU country offers access to 147 visas, no obligation to relinquish country nationality and a fast-track procedure to help dual citizenship applications to be processed.
Why choose Cyprus?
Cyprus boasts a rich and diverse culture, mild Mediterranean climate, and a safe and stable setting ideal for raising families. Investors also look at Cyprus for business and investment purposes, recognizing numerous investment opportunities. The benefits of the Cyprus program are plenty:
- Fast-track procedure. Approval of citizenship application within three months;
- Simultaneous submission of residency and citizenship applications.
- No physical residency requirements. The only requirement is one visit every seven years.
- No language requirements.
- Parents qualify for citizenship provided they own a house valued at €500,000 + VAT or own a share of €500,000 in a residential property of the main applicant.
- Civil unions eligible to submit applications.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- Low tax rates and free trade within the EU.
- Unrestricted right to live, work and study in Europe.
- Right to own property in an EU member state.
- Strategic geographical location forming a bridge between the EU, Middle East and North Africa with direct access to the Mediterranean Sea.
- Safest country in the world with a population under 5 million.
- The excellent education system as well as first-rate health care.
- An outstanding holiday destination.
Offered in accordance with the Civil Registry Laws 2002-2013, the Naturalisation of Investors by Exception Scheme is one of the fastest to lead to residence and citizenship in Europe. To qualify for citizenship, applicants must fulfil one of the investment options below and hold it for three years in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Possess a valid passport.
- Hold no criminal record.
- The main applicant’s property is not frozen within the boundaries of the EU.
- Be a resident before being granted citizenship (hence the simultaneous application for both residency and citizenship for non-residents).
- Own a permanent private residence in the Republic of Cyprus with a purchase price of at least €500,000 plus applicable VAT.
- In the case that one chooses to invest in residential properties only and one of the residential properties is priced at least €500,000, then the total investment amount must be €2 million.
|1.||Investment in real estate, developments and infrastructure projects
The applicant should make an investment of at least EUR 2 million for the purchase or construction of real estate.
|2.||Purchase, establishment, or participation in Cypriot businesses and companies
The applicant must make an investment of at least EUR 2 million in the purchase, creation or participation in businesses or companies that are based and operating in the Republic. These businesses or companies should have a demonstrable and tangible presence in Cyprus and employ at least five Cypriot citizens.
|3.||Investment in Alternative Investment Funds or financial assets of Cypriot enterprises or Cypriot organizations licensed by the Securities and Exchange Commission
The applicant should purchase units amounting to at least EUR 2 million from Alternative Investment Funds (AIF).
This criterion also covers the purchase of financial assets of Cypriot businesses or organizations for at least EUR 2 million, in the form of bonds, securities and debt securities.
|4.||Combination of the above investments
The applicant may invest in a combination of the above, provided that the total investment amounts to at least EUR 2 million.
The applicant’s investment combination may include the purchase of special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus of up to EUR 500,000.
For further help or information Get In Touch