Call our medical negligence solicitors on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online for a no win no fee claim for any injuries or losses suffered which were a direct result of the negligent treatment you receive.
If you’ve been injured as a result of negligent medical treatment, you may be able to take legal action for compensation. You could also take legal action for compensation if you’re the next of kin of someone:
What is medical negligence?
Here are just some examples of medical negligence. You have suffered injury because of the healthcare provider:
- failed to diagnose your condition or made the wrong diagnosis
- made a mistake during a procedure or operation
- gave you the wrong drug
- didn’t get your informed consent to treatment
- didn’t warn you about the risks of a particular treatment.
If you’ve suffered an injury as a result of medical treatment, this may be referred to as a ‘medical accident’ or ‘patient safety incident’. This doesn’t mean that your treatment was necessarily negligent. You can claim compensation only if it can be shown ‘on the balance of probability’ that:
Medical negligence compensation
You can claim compensation for any injuries or losses suffered which were a direct result of the negligent treatment you received. This can include:
- compensation for pain and suffering
- payment for ongoing treatment
- compensation if you can’t carry out certain activities or hobbies
- loss of earnings
- the cost of any extra care or equipment you may need
- the cost of adapting your home
- compensation for psychological damage.
A claim can be made for the next of kin of someone who has died or doesn’t have the capacity to make their own claim. The court will take into account certain social security benefits you get because of your injury before they decide how much compensation you’ll get.
No Win No Fee
No win no fee, also known as a conditional fee arrangement, is an agreement you make with your solicitor so that you can claim compensation without worrying about upfront legal fees. If your compensation claim is unsuccessful, the no win no fee agreement states you won’t have to pay your solicitor any money.
For further help or information Get In Touch