Turkish Businessperson Visa
The European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) with Turkey, known as the Ankara Agreement, allows Turkish nationals to enter the UK and establish themselves as a self-employed business person or as a worker in a business in the UK.
The Turkish Businessperson visa allows Turkish nationals to enter the UK in order to set up a new business or help run an existing one.
Applicants for the Turkish businessperson visa must meet several eligibility requirements for their visa to be granted. All applicants must:
- Be a Turkish national
- Prove that they have the intention and means to establish or help run a viable business
- Prove that they have sufficient funds to establish or help run the business
- Prove that their income from the business will be enough for them to live on; holders of this visa may not work another job
- Prove that they can support any family members (dependents) also included on the application
- Applicants who wish to join an existing businesses in the UK must also prove:
- That they will have an active and essential role in running the business
Turkish businessperson visa applicants must supply several documents with their application. These include:
- Current passport and/or other travel documents
- A separate passport photograph, with the applicant’s name on the back
- Proof of maintenance funds for themselves and any family members
- Details of their living costs: tenancy/mortgage agreements, utility bills, banks statements, and so on
- Documents relating to any state benefits they have received in the UK
- A clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office’s TB testing list.
If the applicant is coming to the UK with someone who has valid leave to remain as a Turkish ECAA businessperson, or a person who at the same time is being granted entry clearance as a Turkish ECAA businessperson they must be either the:
- dependent spouse
- civil partner
- unmarried partner
- child under 21
For further help or information Get In Touch