Sponsor License Revocation
Our business immigration team helps sponsors to strengthen their overall compliance thereby avoiding sponsor licence suspension and revocation. Our team will work with the sponsor to ensure that a robust case is presented to UKVI addressing the issues raised in the suspension letter and seeking the reinstatement of the licence.
If you receive notification from the Home Office that your sponsor licence has been suspended, it will be critical to take quick action.
After the notification sponsor will have 20 working days to respond. Following the 20-day period, if the Home Office finds that your organisation has not taken sufficient action in response to the suspension notification, your licence may be revoked, and your permission to hire overseas talent withdrawn.
Sponsor license compliance breaches
As a sponsor licence holder, you are required by law to meet a number of duties in relation to the management of your sponsor licence. The Home Office is taking an increasingly vigilant approach to immigration enforcement. Failure to comply or to engage actively with the Home Office can result in Tier 2 sponsor licence revocation. UK Sponsor Licence may be revoked or suspended for several reasons. These include (but are not limited to):
- The Home Office discovering you have employed an illegal worker. It is important to note that ignorance is no defence; the Home Office requires you to have checks and balances in place to ensure all foreign nationals employed by you are legally entitled to reside in the UK.
- Supplying false information on a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) rendering it invalid.
- The salary on the CoS is different from that paid to the Tier 2 employee.
- Non-compliance with the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT), claiming the job was exempt when it was not.
- Not using a CoS to fill a genuine Tier 2 vacancy, instead using it to hire for another position
- Failing to cooperate or hindering a Home Office visit.
What you need to do next
Connaught Law is one of the most respected immigration law firms in London. By making an appointment with one of our immigration solicitors, you can be assured of receiving some of the best legal advice available in the UK. Our Business Immigration solicitors can assist you with all aspects of Sponsor Licence and Tier 2 (General) applications. Call us today on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.
For further help or information Get In Touch