Sponsor License Compliance
A UK based business needs sponsor licence to employ someone from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to work for you in the UK. A post sponsor license compliance visit is to a check whether a sponsor who already holds a sponsor license is fulfiling his duties.
The sponsor is responsible for fulfilling certain duties from the day their licence is granted until:
- the sponsor surrender their licence
- they let their sponsor licence lapse
- the Home Office revokes their sponsor licence
Home Office may be carrying out a compliance visit because:
- Sponsor Operations have requested the visit in connection with:
- intelligence about the organisation
- the sponsor hitting a trigger point for the number of migrants they have sponsored
- a sponsor licence renewal application
- another unit in the Home Office has requested the visit as part of a joint operation
- the sponsor is B-rated and is therefore subject to an action plan that now requires assessment
- the sponsor has requested the visit
- a probationary sponsor requires assessment because they have applied for Tier 4 sponsor status
- the Premium Service team have requested a visit
Announced and unannounced visit
Home Office can make an announced or unannounced visit, as the sponsor guidance makes clear to sponsors that they must allow Home Office staff access to any of their premises or sites under their control, on demand.
If a sponsor refuses to allow Home Office access o demand this may result in the sponsor licence being refused or revoked.
How Connaught Law can help
Our business immigration team can guide you through the whole process of applying and assist you every step of the sponsor license application. If you are interested in applying for a sponsor licence or need help with post license compliance visit, please get in touch with us on 0203 909 8399
For further help or information Get In Touch